Who we are
Zeit Medical is a Stanford Biodesign spin-off, with a mission to develop the world’s first stroke alert system. Despite the availability of life-saving treatments, only 10%! of stroke victims actually receive them because of delays in recognizing its onset and alerting emergency services.
At Zeit we consider timely and targeted therapy a basic right and we believe this is realizable by integrating a comfortable monitoring platform into the user’s daily life. Our breakthrough product, Halo, enables immediate stroke detection at home. The combination of our clinically validated neuracle AI with this comfortable wearable sensor will provide peace of mind for the millions at risk and their family and caregivers.
Zeit is backed by top tier VCs in Silicon Valley including Ycombinator (batch of S21) and our technology has received multiple grants and an FDA breakthrough device designation.
Our team consists of experts in wearable electronics, critical care medicine, neurology, and biomedical engineering with experiences spanning across multiple geographies, industries and top tier universities.
We are now looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join us in our growth and success.
You will play a leading role in our growing team:
- devising machine learning algorithms and methods to tackle currently unsolved problems for real-life products.
- continuously improving and refining mature algorithms and methods already in production.
- investigating new approaches and directions for innovative future products
You will need to have:
- A Ph.D. from a top university in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or related fields. Exceptional candidates with incredible hands-on experience in the field will also be considered.
- Solid background in mathematics areas relevant to machine learning (e.g. linear algebra, probability/statistics, optimization)
- Experience in challenging machine learning projects in academic or industrial environments.
- You have experience with the analysis and classification of physiological time-series such as (EKG, PPG, EEG, SSEP, Accel/Gyro, Temp)
- You have experience with taking SAMD (software as a medical device) products through FDA clearance.
- You have substantially contributed to a real-life, sophisticated machine learning system that has successfully worked in production.
- You have experience in the productionization of AI/ML algorithms.
- You have experience with the post-deployment monitoring and tuning of ML systems.
- You are familiar with complex modular Data Science pipelines deployed and supervised through MLOps infrastructure.
- Expertise using a variety of classical and modern methods of statistical inference and learning (i.e. time series analysis, regression, point and interval estimation, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering, deep learning) for solving practical problems
- Ability to prototype your ideas in a suitable language (e.g. Python, R, Matlab). Bonus points if you have experience with Scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark ML.
- Relevant publications in high-impact scientific conferences or journals.
- Experience in building, supervising and mentoring engineering/ data science teams
- Experience working in Agile teams with Scrum or Kanban.
- Positive energy and can-do mentality.
What we offer
- Great career development opportunity with the ability to have an impact and help create a disruptive technology product
- Working with real-world biosignals data collected in the wild during commercial operation of real-life applications
- Focus on the challenging Machine Learning problems we want to solve.
- Working with top-notch and caring people who are committed to making it happen,
- Get a truly international experience working with people between the SF bay area, London, and Athens for a product that will be marketed around the world
- Competitive salary
- Health Care Plan